Friday, March 27, 2009

Business Card

My business card simply is not big enough. The title "Financial Service Representative III" simply does not cut the mustard. Ever. :) Karan and I have considered creating Mini Pamphlets containing our true job descriptions.

The following are some possibilities that I should add to my growing volume of duties at the bank:
Councilor
Therapist
Psychoanalyst
Rant-Pole
The Living Diary of Every Customer's Joys and Sorrows
Critter Killer (Because I am, among the ladies, the least afraid of bugs and lizards, I am often called upon to execute proper punishment for the intruders.)
Familial Advisor
Full time Babysitter/Caretaker of Customer's Children

Emphasis on the babysitter thing.

I have given numerous, delightful tours of the bank - for little children, to full Girl Scout troops.
Essentially, I take care of children at the bank - quite often - so that their parents can get their business done.
I know, Guaranty Bank has such fantastic customer service.

The first time it happened, I was just trying to help out a Personal Banker, but apparently, I did such a good job with the kids that watching them is now ALWAYS my department. :)
I got back from lunch just in time. Melody exclaimed, immediately - "ELLEN! Its Ellen! She's back! Yay!"

I turned to find my wonderful boss sitting beside this young blonde child.

This piece of paper was sitting in front of them. Can't you tell the play had been wild? :)

Instinctively, I knew exactly what was going on:
(1) The child was a riot.
(2) She was almost too much to handle.
(3) She needed some serious care taking while her grandparents took care of their business.
And Finally. :)
(4) It was up to me.

Now, I must admit, Sarah was a very charming girl, with a lot of energy and an adorable smile. The only setbacks were that she was sticky (until I introduced her to Germ-X :) and she had not completely mastered the art of discipline.

Children need to learn to release their energy in the appropriate avenues, you know.
Propriety in a banking center is key.
:)

As is my usual tactic, I decided to allow her to unleash her energy through the world of art.
As you can see she had a very active imagination - like my own. That is possibly why I understood her needs so well. :)

I tried to get her to draw actual objects in attempt to better organize the At-First-Chaotic play.

The above drawing was a princess who wore a beautiful dress.
This was my first drawing.
We had a drawing contest. I really thought I should win - But, she thought that my house needed some extra touches.
The small blue dots are "Rain", she insisted.
The yellow flowers were Sarah's idea. but the Car-port was mine. Since Chase was the drawing judge, I thought he would give me extra kudos for putting the car there. Cute right? :)
Of course, after seeing my vehicular plot, my coworker Elizabeth also thought a car would be a good idea. Cheater!
Essentially speaking, I took care of Sarah - with much appreciated assistance From Melody, Elizabeth and Chase - for the entire afternoon. I got back from lunch after one and was with her till 4:15.
The grandparents graciously offered to take me as their full time babysitter, and even when I kindly declined, they took my business card just in case.
I do love children immensely. But I see very clearly the ABSOLUTE necessity to discipline them, and teach them how to live service-minded, godly lives.
I greatly appreciated the learning opportunity with which I was presented.
And I also appreciated a shower when I got off work. :)
Karan and I definitely agree. We need our business cards expanded.

No comments: