Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Let The Competition Begin!

The past few weeks have been fused with rivalry.
Four weeks ago today, I walked into the branch and heard loud exclamations, "...aran! You HAVE TO do it! Everyone but Ellen! YOU can't play Ellen! Everyone but Ellen!"

Actually everyone but Karan and I. She abstained and I didn't want to play any way.
Dun, Dun, DUN!
The Biggest Loser - Guaranty Bank, Branch 312 Edition.
Just because they felt it was their season, Melody, Mark, Elizabeth, and Chase decided to start a first quarter weight loss contest. The buy in was $12.50 for a jackpot prize of $50.00 for the person who lost the greatest percentage of their body weight.

Since I was not a participant, I chose the path of host and moderator. :)
Chase donated his trusty bathroom scale, and I kept track of all the weight, pounds lost and percentages.

*Rabbit Trail*
Actually, I made this amazing Excel spreadsheet (With Chase as my Sensei) that detailed each participants weight as each week passed. I programmed the cells to calculate how many pounds were lost, and what percentage was lost per week. Then, it added all the totals together to show the overall loss for each employee - as well as the entire banking center!
(All the information can not be relayed however, due to it's classified nature. :)
It was amazing and exhilarating to create a piece of art like that!
Plus, yes, I did color coat it, using vibrant colors including the following: Red, Yellow, Lilac, Green and Blue. :)
*End Rabbit Trail*

So, Here is the breakdown about how the competition played out. :)
Mark only played for 2 weeks because, besides the fact that he gained rather than lost weight, he was transferred to another branch - to our sadness.

This is Mark's memorial "BEFORE" picture:
Someday, this man will be famous. I told him that, although I will not necessarily vote for him, I would be his personal assistant if he asked and paid me really well. :)

Please, for memorial purposes - look at the tie length. :)
After Mark was Elizabeth - who was the branch's biggest WINNER! She lost 3.3658% of her body weight! And ... she didn't even diet. She got amazing results with the least amount of effort. :) Here is her after picture. :)
Chase came in a very close second! What amazing effort! He lost a total of 6.0971% of his body weight! When I asked him what his continued plans were, he told me he hoped to loose 16 more pounds.
*SIDE NOTE*
I do not think his continued weight loss plan is a good idea. But he says he wants to be slender like me. In the most ... manly way possible.
*End SIDE NOTE*

(Drum-Role, Please!)

As expected, Melody - was awarded the Biggest Loser Award! YAY! She didn't have 1 donut or go to Shogun even once! Everyone was so proud of her consistent hard work! She lost a total of 7.0453% of her body weight! And she is still going strong!
Doesn't she look fabulous!
:)

As a whole, the branch did amazing! And the friendly competition created good moral and boosted productivity.
While everyone dieted, Karan and I enjoyed various sensations on our taste buds to our hearts content. We had Cheesy Bread one day - and Sonic Happy our a few times. :) It was marvelous.

So, in the end, every one feels better about themselves and everyone has learned valuable lessons about achieving goals. :) Plus, the economy is about to benefit when Melody takes Ben out on a $50 dollar dinner! :)

That was my idea.
Mark gave me kudos on mandating that the proceeds of the contest go toward the boosting the economy. :)

The whole adventure was quite regarding, and hilarious to moderate. :)

No comments: