Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Improving AMEX with COLOR!

Organization is essential.
Especially in banking.
You might say it is the key to the doorway of success.
Organization and consistency – a bank can survive without these aspects.
But it would never thrive.
:)
Karan and I are the consistent organizers at 312.
She always writes in black.
And I color coat.
Believe it or not – we get along famously!

We have countless adventures every quarter when we succumb to the urge of our organizational skills. Today, we took a few minutes to complete the American Express Travelers Cheque audit and the American Express Gift Check/Card audit.

Now, I have only been here a year and a half – and I have just recently taken over more responsibilities. When I was promoted, a whole new world was revealed to me. There is so much to organize. So much to consistently maintain. So much to color coat. :)
The progress I am making is drastic, unique, and completely OCD.

I heard a joke once. It went something like the following:
“I am not OCD. If anything I am CDO … that’s alphabetical order. The way things SHOULD be.”
:)
Karan and I joke constantly about being OCD. We check locks twice, we have lists for our lists, we check each other’s lock jobs, we know dual control procedures backwards and sideways, and we fail to understand why people insist on forgetting to initial the night drop log. :)

I love improving my work environment. Thus, I love to organize – and one of the greatest ways to organize things, is to assign a color (or theme) to each type of items.

Now, that doesn’t mean that this process is stressful and takes massive amounts of work. Rather, organization starts with fixing the little things. And I can not tell you how much joy the small things can bring!

The AMEX Cheque Card/ Gift Card Log and the AMEX Travelers Check Log used to be contained in a grimy, historic folder that was practically falling apart in my hands. It didn't even have brackets! But ... :) I got this new binder and created the bright yellow coversheet for the logs!

No one can miss the vivid color - so no one should fail to initial the logs when AMEX products are purchased!



This is the side view of the new binder.

:)

When I called Karan to come back to the teller line and see my new accomplishment, she could only smile.

No comments: