Thursday, January 29, 2009

Even In Banking, Give Me Jesus

Kelsey's death changed everything. The Lord used the horrible event to refocus my life, and call me to His side. He always used hard things in order to draw my attention back to Him. One thing he changed was one of my wake up songs. So many mornings, I wake up practically physically singing a hymn or praise song I know. And often, ever since Kelsey's death - one of the most common songs my mind contemplates as I wake is "Give Me Jesus" by Fernando Ortega. The opening lines go something like, "In the morning, when I rise - Give me Jesus. You can have all this world, just give me Jesus."

I love waking with Him in my thoughts. David said the Lord put a song in his heart - and I want to have a song in my heart too. A song that ever brings glory to my King.

Psalm 40:3 ~ "He put a new song in my mouth, a song of praise to our God; Many will see and fear and will trust in the LORD."
I was thinking about Him when I opened the bank this morning. :) Caleb reprimanded me for not being interested enough in biology. "How can you not be fascinated with the miraculous creation of the human race!" He poignantly asked me last semester.

I was totally ashamed. :) He is RIGHT! Biology, geology, physics. ALL OF IT. We can better understand the glory of God when we understand this world.

Thusly, after we opened the bank, I asked Karan for a petite respite so that I could enjoy and take a couple pictures of Gods miraculous creation. Check out the ice. :) I love how it completely frosted the foliage of the bank plants.
They are "Frozen in time" ...

I was careful to take the pictures before the early morning fog dissipated. I didn't want the sunlight to steal the frost. :)
Yesterday, we had to take special care to ensure that no elderly customer took a spill on the ice covered parking lot. Mark and Chase poured salt on the sidewalk and such, and I asked for them to take special care NOT to get salt on the Pansies. They are even more frosted today than yesterday. :) Maybe when the weather thaws out, the out door rodents will still be able to frolic in their shade.
:)
Or maybe the rodents wont return in the spring. Wouldn't that be nice?
All in all, the day is beautifully luscious. It beckons me as I wait patiently at my teller station. Perhaps our customers will be enchanted with the day as I am. It could be slow ... or perhaps they will want to come to the bank and relay their frightening ice experiences. It could be busy...
I can't wait.
The day promised beauty.
But even more, I want Jesus.

2 comments:

Caroline Belle said...

im so happy i found your blog! you are wonderful. i love your pictures, they were amazing, i didn't know you like photography! miss you.

Gail Conner said...

You my Dear are absolutely precious!!